Research shows that businesses choose energy efficiency to both stay
competitive and reduce operational expenses
Energy savings’ “Top 10”
SRP recommends the following simple no-cost/low-cost energy savings tips as the starting point for your energy conservation
efforts at your office or shop.
- Turn off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Use available sunlight to illuminate your workspaces.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps.
- Install LED (light-emitting diode) “EXIT” signs.
- Install occupancy sensors to automatically turn off lights.
- Control direct sunlight through windows with screens or film.
- Regularly change HVAC filters.
- Tune-up your HVAC units (clean and check refrigerant charge).
- Install programmable thermostats.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR office equipment.
Incentives and Resources
Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)
Arizona Public Service (APS) Customers
Salt River Project (SRP) Customers
Tucson Electric Power (TEP) Customers